Friday, September 3, 2010

4 Years and Four-Ever to Go at Coast Global Seafood


Yesterday was our 4 year Anniversary, and because it was a school night we decided to celebrate somewhere close to home, so we chose a restaurant at Shops at Legacy. I wanted a restaurant that I had never tried before and, of course, a place that has been receiving good reviews on UrbanSpoon, so I ended up choosing Coast Global Seafood.
Before our culinary Anniversary escapade, we made a stop at RA Sushi for some happy hour drinks on their patio. It had just stopped raining when we arrived, so the patio was slowly beginning to entice people from the inside. MT and I found two seats at their bar, which is one of those inside/outside bars that I love because you can get the best people watching view of both worlds. After ordering our drinks, these two well manicured business guys that have that “I’m better than everybody” look were being seated at a table behind us, which the hostess was wiping off for them. Well, apparently that table wasn’t good enough or I’m sure the seats were too wet for their perfectly pampered rear ends, so I guess they made the hostess ask us if we could “scootchy scootch”, which were her words, down a couple of seats, and we didn’t mind, so we moved down. Clearly, that wasn’t good enough either because I heard one of them make the snide remark “Well that’s just not enough room”. The two women next to us overheard them, and said to us that they would be more than happy to move down as well to make room for them, so they did and then we moved again. I thanked to two very nice women and went up to one of the Self Indulgent men and told them that we all moved for them so they could be seated at the bar. We were only there for a couple drinks anyway….what did we care! They sat at the bar without so much as a “Thank you” or a nod of appreciation in sight……..Your welcome! I guess that was our good deed for the day. Those are the type of men that expect a woman to open the door for them because we should worship the ground that they walk on. Obviously, their mothers didn’t teach them any manners! Now on to the great part of our night…..the food!



Coast Global Seafood

Rating: A
Location: 7501 Lone Star Dr, Plano, TX 75024

Category: Seafood

Pricing: $$$
Favorites: Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Sea Scallops, Outdoor Patio

Comments:

Upon arriving and checking in with the hostess we were promptly seated outside with a spectacular view of the majestic water fountain attraction, which if you remember from an earlier posting about Artin’s Grill, it’s the same fountain. MT then ordered a bottle of J Cuvee…..mmmm…the bubbly... my favorite. I also truly love the display of champagne when they bring it out in an elevated wine bucket on ice to be sat directly between the two us for the entire world to see. After tasting the wonderful sensation of tickling bubbles on your tongue, we were quickly given a basket full of corn muffins and bread with a side of butter, all of which were mediocre….your typical fancy restaurant basket of bread. Next, we ordered our appetizer, choosing the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake because you know how much MT and I love Crab Cakes. Now, I know that I raved about Hillstone’s (formerly Houston’s) crab cakes a few weeks ago, but I finally found a restaurant in the Dallas area that makes them just as good. Oh my goodness…..oh my goodness! They were light, moist and full of deliciously fresh crab meat, and then the side corn, tomato and black bean salad that came with it was incredible as well. Then MT says to me “It’s not as good as yours”, which I agreed, but still comparable. A few sips more of the bubbly, then we moved on to our main course, which I had decided before the appetizer. The Sea Scallops sounded way too delicious to pass up, so that’s what we split. Another fantastic dish! Wow, the scallops were perfectly cooked with a nice crispy seared crust on the outside and they were sitting on top of an amazing pesto sauce, which you should know is another obsession of mine, then sided with a garlic, tomato and parmesan spaghetti squash. I’m sure you’re thinking….Spaghetti Squash…ekk, but it was soooo good. What a great combination….I have to make it soon. Pleasantly stuffed, we decided to end our meal and have dessert…..chocolate and wine….at home. I know it’s a little cliche, but we danced to our wedding song in the middle of our living room, Quando, Quando Quando by Michael Buble, but then decided on something more upbeat, September by Earth Wind and Fire. Cheesy? Yes, but we had fun! A great 4th Year Anniversary, but now I really can’t wait for the 5th because MT promised me a Catamaran Trip to the British Virgin Islands!
Jumbo Lump Crab Cake
Sea Scallops

Coast Global Seafood on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment