Monday, June 25, 2012

Nick and Sam's Grill - Revisit for Brunch


Cyberspace: www.nick-samsgrill.com
Where to Find It?: 2816 Fairmount St, Dallas, TX
The Grade: C
Food Group: American Fad-Casual
How Much to Fork Over: $$ (entrees range from $9-$22)
The Faves: Carafe’s of Mimosas, Outdoor Patio
The Peeves: Extremely Loud and Noisy, Long Wait, Crowded Bar

The Jibba Jab:
I’ve been to Nick and Sam’s Grill several times and I usually leave the place with a happy buzz yearning to come back for their great patio dining and, of course, their Grilled Cheese Sandwich, but the brunch scene is unpleasantly poles apart from the dinner crowd.  Granted, about 7 or 8 years ago, being new to Dallas, single and in my twenties, I would be writing in a completely different tone, but now in my thirties, married and tired of the butt to nut club scene, I can’t say this was my cup of tea. 

Before arriving, I was lucky enough to have a good friend get there before our large group arrived and put our name on the list.  When we finally made it, I couldn’t help, but be extremely annoyed by the a) Blaring music inside  b) Long line just to get a drink while passing the time and c)No shaded area to wait outside (in the Texas heat, you need shade in order to not pass out before your meal)…..at least we didn’t have to wait too long.  Then we were unlucky enough to be sat at a table right next to the crowded bar, inside with the ear-splitting music roaring while you are yelling at the rest of the table in order to keep the conversation flowing…..I’m glad I was able to drink.  We ordered the Guacamole and Hummus to start and then I created my own omelet as my meal.  The food was good, but, honestly, I couldn’t get past having to eat in the Boom Boom Room….Never again for my Thirty Something self.  During a Sunday brunch this place is definitely for the young.  For the rest of us, dinner here is a more enjoyable atmosphere.

Guacamole

Hummus

Omelet with Potatoes

Omelet

Nick and Sam's Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Nick and Sam's Grill - Revisit for Brunch" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete