Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Texas State Fair

I love the State Fair and I always have to get my fix of it at least once during its procession.  Although, despite warnings from some friends, this year we chose to visit on the day of the Texas v OU game because NYC, her husband, and a few other friends were in town to attend the game.  BIG MISTAKE.  Never, ever go right before the game or better yet, on game day.  The lines are tremendously long and it’s as crowded there as
Bourbon Street
during Mardi Gras.  No thank you!  The one saving grace was that the crowds died down once the game started, but we didn’t stick around long after that because I was sick of crawling through people just to get our dose of Beer, a Turkey Leg and a Corn Dog.  We didn’t even get to try any of the crazy fried foods, go to the Auto Show, Wine Garden or through the Food Pavilion, which are a few of my favorite things to do while I’m there.  Bummer, but I’m over it.  I couldn’t stand to be in those crowds anymore.  NYC did tell me that she tried the Fried Beer and spat it out because it was so disgusting, but the Chicken Fried Bacon was decent.  Lesson Learned:  Go to the Fair during the week or on a Sunday that’s not during Texas v OU weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment