Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Savory in Malibu

My husband took me to Savory for my birthday back in March, and ever since then I've been dreaming about the meal we had and couldn't wait to get back there....well I didn't have to wait long! We went back last night and the food was just as delectable as before. The broccoli burrata is insanely delicious and I would say it's like broccoli cheese soup on crack. I was drinking the broth like I was drinking my wine. It was just so good! As for a great side dish, because of its gorgeous color and earthy notes, is definitely the Chilled Red Beet salad. It's so pretty to look at, but quite as good to eat. Now, our main event dish is the most important because it literally is the best burger I've ever had! At Savory its called the Wolfmother and it certainly was memorable just like the name. The bun is so perfect for this juice rendering burger sopping up all of that greatness and then it's brilliantly paired with blue cheese, Brie, arugula and, my favorite, the balsamic-red onion compote. No one who eats this beautiful beast will walk away the same person. It's a life changer! I highly recommend this place!



The Wolfmother

Chilled Red Beet Salad
Broccoli Burrata
Savory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment