Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Scardello - A Revisit for Lunch


Cyberspace: scardellocheese.com
Grade: A++
Where to Find It: 3511 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas, TX 75219
Food Group: Cheese!!
How Much to Fork Over: $$
Faves: Fantastic selection of handmade cheeses and wine, Sandwiches, great service
Peeves: Not close enough to my house

The Jibba Jab:
Still pure cheese ecstasy!  Since my husband was out of town when I went to Scardello’s cheese class a few weeks ago, I just had to take him there to experience the greatness of the place.  Also, we needed a great lunch spot before we headed off to the Margarita Meltdown, so one of my best friend’s tagged along.  Not only does this place have a great cheese selection, but they have some really great wines as well, such as Pinot Noir’s from my favorite areas in the US, Russian River Valley, Alexander Valley and Willamette Valley.  We ended up choosing of bottle of the Bench Pinot Noir from Sonoma County, California (currently at the top of my list of best places to go in America!).  For lunch, my husband ordered the Sweet Italian sandwich, which has
sliced prosciutto, Burrata, and fig confit on a fresh baked baguette.  It looked incredible and had the perfect balance of that salty sweet combination that I kill for.  My friend and I decided to fulfill our cheese quota for the day and split a cheese plate, and we let the lady serving us choose our cheeses.  I can’t exactly remember the names of all four cheeses that she gave us, but I do know that we started with a chevre, then an incredibly nutty and creamy gruyere, then a not too salty pecorino, and finally a cow and goats milk blue cheese.  All of them were amazing, but the blue was the much loved cheese for me.  I’m always a sucker for the blue!  I am still every bit as infatuated with this place as I was after my first cheese class here.













Scardello on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment