Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fireside Pies (Grapevine)

Cyberspace: http://www.firesidepies.com/


The Grade: A+

Where to Find It: 1285 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051

Food Group: Pizza

How Much to Fork Over: $$

Faves: Fireside Cheese Salad, Balsamic Roasted Chicken Pizza, and Outdoor seating

Peeves: No reservations, Long Wait on a busy night



The Jibba Jab:

Pizza Ambrosia. This is not the type of pizza that would be comparable to New York or Chicago style pizza. It’s just Gourmet, and I believe it’s the Nectar of the Gods. I have visited all of their locations, except the one in Fort Worth, and they all produce the same caliber pizza as the original location in Dallas on Henderson, which I’ve been a huge fan of since they opened their doors. I have to admit that this place has a soft spot in my heart.

The Grapevine location is just down the street from their Historic Downtown, which is where a few great wineries are located; therefore, it’s a place that I have frequented quite a bit in the past several years, including this past weekend when we attended the New Vintage Wine Trail and Gallery. After a bit too much wine to drink, we needed a place to soak up all of the booze, and Fireside was in thinking distance.

I don’t think I’ve ever been to this location without having to wait a least an hour, but they have a great bar and plenty of room to sit outside with a drink in your hand. We opted to sit at the bar and order the Cured Meat Sampler while waiting because it was going to be a while before we were getting a table and we were hungry. It’s definitely a great appetizer to tie you over until you get something substantial in your belly, with a variety of salty cured meat slices and condiments to accompany them. When we were finally seated, as usual, we ordered the Fireside Cheese salad, and then tried the Seasonal salad, both of which were outstanding. For pizza, I just had to have the Balsamic Roasted Chicken, being superb every time, and then we threw in another first timer, the Molten Meatballs, which had such colossal meatballs that I thought they were going to roll right off the pizza. This was definitely another repeat pizza. We left satisfied and I was feeling a bit more coherent than 2 hours before. I definitely slept well that night!




Fireside Pies on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment