Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 2 – Going Away Party - Fox Sports Grill

Blunt Cake
The reason for NYC’s visit to Texas was to surprise her best friend, who lives in Houston, on her birthday, which resides on Jamaican Independence Day, so our H-town friends decided to throw her a Jamaican themed party. One of our closest friends, who I will refer to as Sota (short for Minnesota, which is her home state), is hosting the party, and had the idea to give her a cake in the shape of a huge blunt. I’ve had a little reputation for baking cupcakes for a few years now, so most of my friends and family request them or a cake for any event they are throwing. The flavor of the cake is a bit of a favorite among most of my friends and family, which was Chocolate cake with Peanut Butter frosting and crushed peanut butter cups. The blunt cake was a first though, and I have to say that it was quite fun to make, along with my sister’s help rolling it up. After frosting it with just the brown frosting my sister and I began to laugh because it looked like a giant terd, so I had to quickly add some green grass frosting on one tip to make it look like a blunt, but what really sealed the deal was my marijuana leaf. I have to say it was pretty good for my first time!
Blockbuster Red Velvet Cupcakes
I also had to make some cupcakes for a Going Away Party that night (the Jamaican party was being held the following night in Houston). Two of my former bosses and still good friends, one of them including Paris, the other I will refer to as Canada, are leaving Blockbuster Inc., which is also my husband works. They are moving on to bigger and better opportunities, so I had to throw them a nice little party to reminisce on the good times we all had working together. Canada loves Red Velvet, so I had to make some of those cupcakes with a little Blue and Yellow flare on top. Cupcakes are easy so they didn’t take long to make. The Going Away Party location was being held at Fox Sports Grill in Plano at Shops at Legacy, so that’s our next destination to critique.




Rating: B
Location: 5741 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024

Category: Sports Bar

Pricing: $$
Favorites: Happy Hour and Great for Big Groups

Comments:

Fox Sports Grill is a great place for big group gatherings and happy hour, so that’s largely why we chose it to host the Going Away Party. It’s also a great spot to watch any sports game considering all of the big televisions surrounding the big bar in the middle. You can have a meal there as well, but I’ve never really wanted to try it because it’s basically a menu full of bar food. Nothing really special. It’s a fairly convenient for most people to get to being in Plano, and if you would like to get a great bite to eat after then you have a plethora of choices to choose from nearby. For instance, Fireside Pies, which is right next door, and it’s one of my favorite restaurants in the metroplex. I love pizza, so that’s where we decided to eat that night!
Fox Sports Grill on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment