Monday, August 2, 2010

Neptune Oyster

LOCATION: 63 Salem St. Boston, MA

CATEGORY: Seafood

FAVORITES: Rhode Island Oysters and Hot Lobster Roll

COMMENTS: I went for an early dinner on Friday with my husband (before we left back for NYC) and were very satisfied. This cute little place sits in the historic North End of Boston. (If you go to this restaurant, plan to wait because it has about 9 two-person tables and a bar.) When my husband and I arrived to our table, we were sat right next to another couple and realized that we were also sharing the same table.

We started off our dinner ordering oysters from different areas of MA and Rhode Island and, after tasting, decided the ones we enjoyed. If you like high salt, than MA oysters are right for you. For me, Rhode Island tasted better and less salty. The crab salad we shared second. It consisted of cold fresh crab, avocado, and bibb lettuce with grilled onions. My husband really enjoyed this refreshing dish but I thought it lacked flavor. We also ordered and shared the famous hot Boston lobster roll. The roll was toasted and topped with fresh mouthwatering warm and buttery thick lobster chunks and served with hot crispy fries. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and, if in the area, would go there again.













Neptune Oyster on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment